Friday, September 25, 2009

Crash

The unpleasant aftereffect of an orgasmic tango experience is the inevitable crash, the emptiness that follows as hollow as black hole. After having that experience every night for four night straight, dancing till exhaustion, one could only imagine the severity of the crash.

I am not alone. A buddy of mine has been disinterested of dancing since he came back from a trip a couple of months ago. He hasn't gone out as often lately. Whenever he was at the milonga, he hung out most of the time. We have mutual sympathy for each other.

I don't know how long this will last. It is not a plateau or a slump. I am still improving technically. I have been trying to go out and dance. I have had some good tango experience.

But good isn't good enough.

Some asked: " Don't you wish that you haven't had that experience? "
" Better missing it than never had experienced it. " I answered.

9 comments:

  1. But, Pilgrim, without rest, a pause, how could you possible have the energy to embrace the next bliss? What you see as a hollow moment, is it not preparation for the next, possibly more glorious, experience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words of wisdom. Very Zen minded. Me likey. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live by this "truth":http://bit.ly/KRr9G

    Whenever I am down with tango it's because I hit a phase of apathy. The reason behind is of little interest to me, just trying to climb out of it every time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Stephanie. Interesting "truth", although I am not sure I am at the phase of apathy, or I've ever been at that phase. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't this the way it works?
    I remember thinking 'quitting' just one month
    before I made the BIG breakthru that
    boggled my own mind and that of my dance parner's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, Mario. Breakthrough is great.

    But my problem is not my own per se. More like can't find the right partner. I think it deserves another post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh coming back.. Problem is, it only gets worse...

    Maybe you can take the nostalgia into your dance?

    ReplyDelete