Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Amazing...

If there were a tango nirvana in this world, I am sure I had been in it the last four days. Packed in some sightseeing around Moscow during daytime, I had been in the milonga till 6am every day except the first night. Body is tired, limps are sore, neck stiff... but my spirit is still high. The whole festival was full of new discovery, new friendship and new high of tango experience.

Quite a few tandas that I had danced, I'd experienced this indescribable, unprecedented and overwhelmingly strong sensation that I wanted to cry and scream. Two nights in a row, I had four tandas with two great dancers in the beginning of the night. After those four tandas, I was so physically and emotionally drained that I didn't get a second wind till 2 hours later.

I had certain expectation when I left for the festival. What I had experienced was ten times better. Some moments were really magical and unforgettable.

That's it, the highlight of my summer of tango, the festival of all festivals.

What's next, I wonder...

2 comments: