Thursday, December 20, 2007

"The dance, it's not just making the woman follow

your lead, follow your musicality, execute your figures. But most importantly listening to the woman, in the embrace, in her figures, in her embellishments, what she wants." excerpts from Lonewalk's , who by the way is a damn good dancer himself (cream of the crops by American standard), latest post about Javier Rodriguez talked about musicality.

A very interesting post, the way Javier talked about musicality in a deeper level. I will let you read about it from Issac's blog yourself.

Tango, at a higher level, is very intriguing, to say the least.

"Its not all about trying to do what you want anymore. Its letting her body and her emotions lead you..."

Leader follows... I am revisiting the idea.

5 comments:

  1. When you are in BA next time, please do yourself the service of taking a class with Marcelo Varela and Analia Vega. They teach on Wednesdays at Dandi.

    Analia is amazing and I think you will find that together, they capture this spirit quite nicely.

    I know it's really tough to take so many private lessons and work so hard with one particular instructor and then take in input from someone else. However, I think you'll find these two will open up your eyes to a lot of things.

    They're also just really nice people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi TP,

    Nice to see you back (i'm getting used to the non-black format of the newest incarnation of the blog!)

    I took some classes with Analia and Marcelo a while ago and I agree with Sam. You would enjoy them and they are very very nice and helpful teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TB,

    Got over your cold yet? Sure hope you are feeling better for the holiday season.

    And thank you guys for the recommendation. They are indeed very beautiful dancers. I am sure they are nice people and wonderful teachers as you both said.

    Sam,

    It is not difficult for me to take input from other maestros amd milongueros. As stubborn and single minded as I appear in my posts, I am trying to follow my friend's motto: "wake up humble with open mind."


    Wish you all have a wonderful holiday.

    TP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi TP,

    I am feeling much better--thank you for the well wishes!

    I hope you enjoy a wonderful holiday, too. Stay warm and I hope you have some great tandas very soon.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. TP, It's been nice getting to know you through our common interest in Tango. I wish you another year of beautiful, transcendant dancing.
    Besos, E

    ReplyDelete