Wednesday, December 5, 2007

sleepless first night.

I actually slept the whole afternoon, now it's 2:15am Tuesday morning in New York, 12:15am in Buenos Aires. I would be at El Beso right now, and going to Porteno Y Bailarin in another hour; came from Maipu444 this afternoon. Only that I am at home in my apartment, listening to Alfredo Gobbi, with the hissing sound from the radiators on the background...

My whole body is aching, especially my calves. I think I will stop blogging till I go back to BA again. There is nothing to talk about here. And I've spent way too much time on blogging.

Time to focus on things that are more pragmatic, such as making money for my next longer visit in late Feb and march, starting to learn some Spanish so that next time I can converse during the break and the beginning the song, dancing a little less and thinking tango a little more.

I need time to digest, revisit and practice what I've learned. Anyway, three months will pass by before I know it. Much to do before the next trip. As a matter of fact I feel like I never leave Buenos Aires, a city that I get to know.

8 comments:

  1. TP,
    You might have more thoughts to write about after being home a little while. It sinks in (for me), over time. But it does feel so present still, not like a memory, but like it is right here. As you put it so well, "like I never leave Buenos Aires..."

    The goal is to bring some of it home, provide it for our partners and friends, to dance with that spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please don't stop. We would miss you. I'm sure Elizabeth is 100% correct. Give yourself some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EB,

    Thank you for writing. I think you would understand the initial shock of being back from BA. Hopefully as you said, it will sink in. And I bring some of my experience home to my friends.

    But as for now, my mind is still in the milongs and the moments that I've had.

    Big hug from frio big apple

    ReplyDelete
  4. For several days I woke up not knowing where I was. I dreamed that I was still there dancing. I still do. I really do understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last night Malena and I drove to a milonga and sat outside for a while only to turn around to go home. We didn't want anything to ruin our buzz from our amazing trip(at least not yet.)

    We feel your pain TP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eva,

    Last night I went to LG late to hang out with friends and gave them the little gifts. Didn't dance much.

    Went home and reorganized my cd collections till 6:00am. Only to realize that i have to go to work around 9:00am.

    We should set up a post BA syndrome group so we can help each other to recover. :(

    Welcome home anyway,

    TP

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a good idea TP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And let's not forget the champagne!

    ReplyDelete