Monday, July 13, 2009

Listen to the music, it tells you how to dance.

I was playing a tanda of De Caro in the milonga. The music started and she looked at me and said: " I am not sure I like this music." I smiled and said: " Let's give it a try." At the end of the tanda, I asked her how it was. She replied: " very interesting."

I used to stay away from the 50s or the early 30s songs, too orchestral or too simple. Lately I enjoy dancing wider range of music. Maybe it was the result of constantly listening tango music a couple of hours a day, seven days a week for the past three years. The once strange and hard to dance ones become interesting and inspiring. Or maybe I finally learn to listen to the music and look for what moves me in the music.

"Those who dance, are considered crazy by those who can't hear the music."



2 comments:

  1. What make a dancer great, is that he or she can dance a seemingly boring or over the top song beautifully.

    ReplyDelete