Saturday, February 23, 2008

Day 2.

Woke up in the morning and had a stiff neck. Maybe it is the bed. The only problem with the apartment is that it is on a busy street. So the noise level is high during daytime and higher when the happy hours arrives at night. I could still hear conversation on the street at 3:00am this morning. I don't know how I am gonna survive three weeks like this, but will see. How do you say ear plug in Spanish?

The weather is bit muggy after the rain. It is not the kind of weather I like, but better humid than cold. Beside, the apartment has AC. So I will probably spend most of the daytime at the apartment working.

Went out to get some media luna for breakfast. There is no coffee filter at the apartment and couldn't find any around either. So I ended up at MacDonald to get my caffeine fix. Walked around the neighborhood, found a couple of spas, bakeries, boutiques and a wine store. Restaurants are everywhere. Lots of bars.

With my little Spanish, I got around making an appointment for massage (60 peso =less than ed$20 an hour) at the spa next block and left my shirts to be ironed. I learned a few new words: camisa, plancha, masaje.

I am liking the hood. Now if only I can figure out how to get around by bus. It is wasting to go around in cab, especially just to do some grocery shopping.

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried Guia "T"?
    http://argentinastravel.com/1366/colectivos-all-i-needed-to-know-about-buenos-aires-i-learned-on-the-colectivo/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you TC,

    That's a very good tips. Tried the bus but went to a long route. Will get the Guia "T" tomorrow. Maybe I will get around by bus next week.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete