Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 5. Porteno y Bailarin

Woke up feeling muy cansado. Got an appointment for massage at twelve. Didn't even have breakfast. I could feel all the knots on my shoulder, back and legs. I felt soreness all over my body after. I need to have a few more sessions.

Javier is on the beach somewhere right now. I don't have any class schedule this week. So I decided to try a milonga class at the Escueia Argentina de Tango on Rodriguez Pena. There were only four students: me, a french man and a couple. There were two chicas, but they just wanted to dance with each other.

The teacher showed a few steps. The chicas played around by switching lead. And I gave my following virginity in BA to the French guy. Javier told me to learn how to follow. It would help me to understand how the woman would feel. And I felt the French man very nervous. I left thirty minutes after. And it was supposed to an hour and half class.

I took the bus, yes! the bus to Porteno y Bailarin. Cost only 90 cents ( a little over a quarter US). Great, I just save 7 peso. I am loving this bus exploration.

Porteno y Bailarin has changed its old wood floor to marble one. Based on my experience, it is going to take toll on feet if one dances all night long. I am still feeling the pain on my foot and knee from Sat. night at Sunderland.

Well, I don't have to worry about it. I didn't dance much. First of all, I didn't feel the music the whole night except one tanda of Di Sarli and one tanda of Lucio Demare. My friend told me on Sunday at El Beso that people are not going to P&B because of the music. She didn't have good dances at P&B. I have to agree with her.

I danced one tanda with a portena only because I saw both owners of P&B danced with her and she cabaceoed me. Her embrace was... so not Argentine.

My second tanda and the last one was with... Tina ! After all this blogging and comments, we finally met in person and got to dance a tanda of vals. I was watching her dancing before our tanda and enjoying her elegant, clean and playful footwork. She has wonderful embrace. I wished the floor wasn't so crowded at the time, so that I could have more connection with her. I guess there will be another time then.

I left shortly after our tanda. It was only two o'clock, still very early. Walked out on the street, I saw some familiar faces coming out from El Beso. I could have more dances at El Beso, but the one with Tina made up for them.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you for the compliments! :-) I wasn't feeling too great about my dancing yesterday so I will savor those words, believe me.

    It was great to meet you and dance with you - you have a wonderful embrace and I really enjoyed the way you heard the music. :-)

    Until next time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you buy more shoes, yet?
    What kind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! That's so cool! Bloggers on the dance floor together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey TP, I love it that you have danced with Tina! Nice little small world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies,

    I was a bit nervous and tense when stepping on the floor with Tina. By the third song, I was more of myself. The DJ had played only three songs in that Vals tanda. But it was cool to have a tanda with Tina here in BsAs.

    Mario7,

    I bought two more pairs of the same Neotango. The price has gone up 20 pesos since last December. Neotango has only two styles with Microfiber heels. The one with white trim feels more comfortable for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Z,
    Tina will be at our table on Saturday at Los Consagrados. I hope you can make it too.

    And BTW, Flo is coming next week and is asking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cherie,

    Los Consagrados is my all time favourite, won't miss it. Got an e-mail from Flo last night, look forward to seeing her down here.

    XX

    ReplyDelete