Thursday, February 28, 2008

Day 7. Un tanda mas?

So I read this before: in BA, if you dance with the same person more than twice, then others might think that there is something going on between the two. I guess that the rule doesn't apply to milongas anywhere else. In NY, we often dance with the same partner a few times in a milonga. While in Rome, however, do as the Roman do. I followed the "codigo" well in BA.

This time I found this particular rule is no longer strictly followed. Or has it ever had such a codigo? At Consagrados, I danced with this young portena three times. Sunday night, at El Beso with the young portena who claims to be a lawyer actually cabaceoed me the second time. Last night, the portena in green dress twice. So now I am bit confused. Some women I would love to dance with more than one tanda. Sometimes when I cabaceoed someone in the middle of a tanda and found out we had good connection. Do I cabaceo her again?

I asked Ruben with help of Cherie. His answer is that it is OK to dance someone more than once in the milonga as long as not consecutively and the intention is to dance. And part of the reason that people don't dance more than one tanda together is that they could have chance to dance with others. That is, unless you are the best dancer in the milonga, according to Ruben, women, after having their best dance with you, don't want to dance with anyone else and then go home happily.

Maybe one day I could become this dancer who gives the best tanda. :) One day...

No comments:

Post a Comment