Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 4. Monday, holiday


While the city gets into its gear, a turista like me takes the day off. Today I am gonna stay in a bit. Maybe run around the cemetery, have lunch and take a nap before going on a bus trip to Neotango.

Thanks to Tangocandy, I went to the newsstand and bought a MiniGuia de Buenos Aires. I sort of figure out how to get to Riobamba (El Beso and Porteno y Bailarin) from Recoleta. And it is pretty straight forward. But I have yet figured out how to get back because Riobamba is a one way street. I have to take another bus back. Which one, I have no clue. But last night the cab ride cost only 7 peso ($2.50). So worst comes to worst, I will take a cab back.

I am picking up some Castellano from the Milonga. A young chica with who I danced one song at Sunderland taught me a few words last night. She just started dancing but has this embrace that is unmistakably Argentine, warm and comfortable. And an Americana from Seattle, who in her own right deserves a separate post (I even have the title: the mind of a typical American who dances open) but I am not gonna write it because she is a smart, beautiful and likable person, corrected me on the pronunciation of ll.

I got around all right with the 7 words and phrases that I know. Now armed with bigger vocabulary, maybe I will start a conversation with one of these hot chicas at the bar very soon. Or is it just something that I dream about? LOL.

4 comments:

  1. TP,

    Glad to hear the Guia T is useful for you.

    Have a good stay, I'll be there soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your adventure, and remembering ours.
    I wonder who the Seattle "open" style dancer is? Now I am curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TC,

    Sorry that our path doesn't cross this time. You have a good time as well.

    E,

    She is a nice person; likes different things in life and has different opinions.I recommended her try practica X and villa Malcom.

    XX from BA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very curious about who this Seattle person is as well. You'll have to let me in on the secret if I see you at a milonga. I'm trying to think of who else is here from Seattle... hmmm.

    ReplyDelete