Friday, March 21, 2008

Bailar como un hombre

Would you like the woman in your embrace dancing like a man, marching like a soldier, say during the song of Poema? Probably not, right? A woman should look and feel like a woman: sexy, beautiful and feminine. A masculine follower doesn't get much cabaceos, at least at the milongas where I have been going to.

A woman tangos like a woman, a man tangos like a man. It is natural, that yin and yang thing. When two becomes one, it is the most beautiful to see and feel. When I was in Buenos Aires, from the 72 year old Padro who has been dancing over fifty years to Javier who is younger than I am, every man that I met who dances tango, has this universal message: stand like a man and walk like a hombre.

When I left La Nacional last night, I took a glimpse of these men, who are supposed to be the creme of creme in the NY tango scene, dancing, which inspired this post. I felt ill watching these men dancing like they haven't eaten for a week. I wanted to stop them and said to them: "Guys, please, dance like a man."

No comments:

Post a Comment