Monday, March 10, 2008

Day 18. Private 5. Move to another stage

Today I had a early class. They were teaching a Russian guy while I got there. Andrea was working with him in open embrace. While Javier introduced the concept of dancing selfishly to him, he had drawn such a blank face that I couldn't help but smile. Ha, I was not the only who didn't get it. :)

I was smiling the whole time listening to the class. When the Russian guy asked how he should do the giro, which part of the body goes first, Javier said: " natural" The guy was drawing blank.
" it is like this: you want to go the bathroom very urgently. The bathroom is there. What do you do? You turn and you run to the bathroom. Do you think about which foot goes first, if the hip should turn this way or that way? " Javier was telling him and the same time acting very animatedly. It was the Russian the first class, he would eventually get it.

My class started with Farrol by Pugliese con Javier. We danced two times, fixed two small technical issues. The third time he was very happy. He said,"that is, we would wrap this up. This stage has finished. You dance very nicely, very musical to Di Sarli and Pugliese. The way you dance the music is perfect. Technical is not so important. Now we will move on to dance to half beat. "

D'Arienzo time. I danced with Andrea a few times, and Javier danced with Andrea one song to show me. Well, it is more difficult for me to dance to D'Arienzo than to Pugliese. We worked on the energy of the steps. After the last one, Javier said that it looked good but something was missing. There was not fire, to watch me dancing makes him sleepy.

Ok, good, new challenge. Let's see what Wednesday class will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment