Thursday, March 13, 2008

Day 20. Private 6 Fatigue takes toll.

I was very tired, coughing during the night and in the morning. I guess that I am reaching to the end of my milonga stretch. By the time I reached Javier's place I felt lack of energy.

Andrea brought me upstairs. They went to Santa Fe yesterday for a show and class, eight hours bus ride. She looked a bit tired too.

Javier was dancing with CDT a milonga. To see him leading CDT dancing the milonga in socks was very entertaining. He saw me and joked: " It is you again. Every day I see you. Every where I look I see you. " I answered:" I am leaving soon. Don't worry."

As usual the previous class ended late. While Andrea took CDT down, I started dancing with Javier to Bien Pluenta by D'Arienzo. It was good except that my steps were too little while doing the giros. Not so manly, very intimidating. I told him that it was because in the milongas I worried about hitting some one while doing the giro. "Practice here then in the milongas you will have better confidence." Javier said.

He switched the music to Di Sarli. I danced with Andrea for one song. After the song, Andrea hold up a fist to my fist. She felt perfect. She wanted to congratulate me. I didn't do giros, however, and she noticed. Ha, I cheated and danced the stuffs that I know the best.

Later, we pretended the space as the floor of the milonga and practiced everything that I did in the milonga. Then Javier fixed the way that I held woman's right hand and explained that man and woman's arm shouldn't be touching. And I practiced some giros. Normal, nature, these are the keys of good tango.

I was feeling that my body and my mind was slow today. So we ended the class a bit earlier. I thought that I reached the point that I have all the elements of good tango: very good embrace, posture, walk, and the right mentality. Now it is a matter of putting that into practice and gaining experience.

They had said some nice things to me that made me feel very proud. Two more classes, I am ready to see the result by the end of my second series of privates with two of the teachers whom I have utmost respect.

2 comments:

  1. Entertaining? :)you saw the floor that day...it was too slippery, so Javier said "just take off your shoes" and he brought his socks and put them on for me; it was quite fun, actually:))) and less slippery than with the shoes on, I would've never believed it

    ReplyDelete
  2. T,

    You were wearing the socks half way to middle of your feet. Four white feet moving rapidly on the tile floor was definitely entertaining. Don't you think?

    Take care yourself.

    ReplyDelete