Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day 12. Private 1. Picked up where I had left.

I was bit anxious before the class. Took the bus from the apartment all the way to Javier's place, costs: $2 pesos. I've been saving quite a few pesos since gotten used to take the buses. Besides, I feel like getting to know the city more.

I felt more comfortable with them this time. We chatted a little. Andrea asked me how things are. I told her that it was hard for me to dance well in New York. Few has the embrace. She laughed: "move here." Don't tempt me!

We started with a Di Sarli. I felt that I was a bit tense, but overall OK. Correction time:

Walk: I had it last time. After dancing in NY for a few months, my walk got weak.

Embrace: I tended to embrace the woman. Nope, let the woman find her embrace first, then finish my embrace with her.

Attitude: Grounded and relax. Open up the elbow, expand the chest.

Giros: Let the woman go first, then follow.

There were other techniques that will free myself from leading but dancing. The second song, I had fixed the walk, the embrace and the attitude. I was still not sure the mechanics of the giros.

Then Javier continued stressing the concept of feeling nature in the dance, how to resolve problem with solution. It will take me some time to digest what he and Andrea said. I know if I understand it, my dance will go up another level.

Tina arrived around 8:00pm for her private. Since we started late, she was waiting on the balcony.

I got more comfortable with Andrea and was playing with the music at some point. She was actually playing along and seemed to enjoy it. There were some information to be digested. But I was glad that there was no major issue to work on. And at a point, Javier actually was happy with the way I handled pauses and the flow of the dance.

Time flied, I felt exhausted at the end of the class. Went back to the apartment and had dinner. Took a nap before heading out to a milonga.

No comments:

Post a Comment