Saturday, March 15, 2008

Day 22. Private 8. Finale

Last class was all about fixing the little things, such as changing weight, keeping the body as one block, getting rid of the unnecessary body movement, keeping the footwork clean.

We spent some time to get the walk down. Andrea showed me how to lift the free leg before walking. Javier showed me how to use the foot to land. Normal. He said, just like walking on the street. I have to keep reminding myself when walking back, body first, and push off from the standing foot.

There are still a lot of work for me to do. Mostly I need to go back to NY and continue learning. Javier suggested to me that I should film myself and practice as follower. I will understand a lot of things and I am ready to be a follwer, as Javier said.

I started to understand a lot of what they taught me during these two weeks. I need time to revisit all these lessons and process the information that I got. I need to put them in the practice and see where I go from there. Quite a few people down here have told me:" the way you dance to the music, one day you will have your own steps."

One day I hope...

1 comment:

  1. Ah, thank you for allowing us (me) to live vicariously your trip to BA, which I hope someday soon, I'll accomplish by myself...
    Good luck with returning to «normal» life! ;-))

    ReplyDelete