Sunday, March 16, 2008

Day 23. Happy Ending...

Every story has its ending. All in all, it was a happy one on this Saturday night. The last day of my trip started with a late morning breakfast. I actually forgot my massage appointment. Oh well, I guessed I didn't need it at the last day of my stay. I would be more relaxed back home.

Went to Consagrados for a good bye dance with some friends. Every portena I know told me to come back soon. I danced with Flo a wonderful tanda of Pugliese; Paula, the beautiful chica from la plata, a nice tanda of Tanturi; S, who is lighter than a feather.

Javier and Andrea are performing tonight at Sunderland. I reserved a table for ten. We went earlier to have dinner. I saw a few friends there. I danced with all my friends. It was a great way to say goodbye. Tango with them.

Javier and Andrea's performance was incredible. See my youtube channel for all of the performances.

(Andrea's favourite song. I danced with her a few time of the same music. :) )

They are wonderful people, fantastic teachers and great tango artists. Not just dancers, ARTISTS. If you have the chance to take private with them, just do it. Accept them, understand them, follow them. They will transform the way that you look at tango and dance it.

For any leader who has just danced two year, I can say that few can outdone what I have accomplished in two years. A lot of the credits go to my maestro Carlos De Chey in New York and Javier and Andrea in Buenos Aires. Carlos has shown me how tango is danced in Buenos Aires. He is heavily influenced by Nito y Elba, classy and elegant. Javier has transformed the way that I dance, opened my mind and inspired me in many ways.

The party continued at La Viruta, where young and cool kids hang out. I don't know what this place has. I felt more and more that I like it here. Maybe it is the dim light, maybe it is the hot babes ( loads of them), or maybe it is the chacarera at four o'clock and the darness at 6:00am (make out time, that is what I called it.) Whatever it is, it got the best of me. I felt that I was free on this dance floor. I had natural high dancing with some women. No judgements, no apologies, just hot and sexy tango. If Javier saw me dancing like that, he would have given me a thumps up. (not that I hadn't gotten one.)

We had the freshest media luna at 4:30am. Coffee and cortado kept me going till the very end. What a scene when all those gorgeous women who wear sexy outfit passed by me! My friend sighed:" Damn, look at all these gorgeous women!" It is good to be single!

That was it. I spent all my pesos, had a wonderful time, learned a lot and still don't know a lot. But one thing that I know for sure..

I love tango.

El Fin.

6 comments:

  1. Argentine Spanish lesson del día:

    Fin del cuento!

    Glad you had such a wonderful adventure! Hope to see you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss tango,

    We missed each other. As you said, hope to see you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Che, nyc: Thank you for the Javier-style goodbye hug last night.

    I hope you had a good time here, we'll see you again, and next time, please do walk in the Recoleta cemetery, silly! ;-)

    Ciao!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina,

    Thanks for everything. Yeah, I almost went to the Cemetery Sunday afternoon. Having Lived one block away from the Cemetery for three weeks, it was silly of me that I never set my foot in it.

    Next time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey dude!

    I read your blog and I was trying to figure out who you were.

    I finally did the other day at Niño Bien. I saw you again at Club Sunderland where Javier performed. I wanted to say HI but there wasn't a chance.

    I thought I would have a chance to see you again in some milongas then we could have a good chat and finally say hi to each other. But I guess that'll be a good excuse for a next encounter no?

    Well I'm happy for you to have had a chance to take lessons from really good teachers and got a glimpse of what tango really means to the porteños.

    I saw you dancing at Niño Bien and Sunderland and I must say you dance really well. Very elegant and I definitely see Javier's influence in you.

    Well see you around. Maybe in BA or maybe in some milongas in some part of the world!

    Good luck,
    Isaac

    lonewalker.blog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Issac,My Man,

    What took you so long? :) I asked Gus if he had seen you around at Canning on a Sunday afternoon. I saw you too at Nino Bien. You were sitting at close to the DJ booth with some friends. Saw you speaking with Javier after the performance. By the time we went over and you were gone. Never got the chance to say hello. Since you are a long term resident of Buenos Aires now, I figure it is only a matter of time before we finally meet.

    Well, thanks for the comment. Until next time, take care.

    ReplyDelete