Friday, March 14, 2008

Day 21. Private 7. Happy feeling

I felt tired, not so much into tango the whole day. Took a nap before going to the private. My breakfast was at 2:40pm with steak, mashed potato and a glass of cold beer with my DJ friend. Lunch at 6:30pm, coffee and media luna. No wonder I was having this big headache.

Got to the class, and saw a student of them whom I met the first night at Canning. We chatted a little. And I chatted with Andrea. Andrea looked stunning wearing a nice skirt. My tango energy was at its all time low.

Well, I got to dance with Javier first. A song by D'Arienzo and Hector Maure, it was fine except my usual problem: lack of energy and small steps. I thought dancing in the crowded milongas in BA had definitely changed certain ways of my dance.

We spent most of the working on my walks. I knew I got the walk back in November. I was a little frustrated that we had to work on it again. Javier patiently showed me the way to walk. Well, simple! Walk like normal. He led me to walk back and forth in practice embrace. Then I walked Andrea in hugged embrace with arms wrapped around each other. We kept walking until she felt fine and I looked fine by Javier.

Then we talked about feeling in tango. Javier wanted me to feel happy dancing, not feel burdened. I danced with Andrea la Yumba by Pugliese. There were hiccup here and there. But I was feeling light during the dance and happy after. " You looked happier." Javier told me. " Remember that feeling."

My cell phone rang. They both smiled. My ring tone is Humilicion by D'Arienzo. Andrea liked it and wanted me to send her the song via Bluetooth. I hadn't done it before. So she helped. But we couldn't transfer the file. Tried to transfer to Javier's phone, which is the same model as Andrea's, it worked. Andrea's phone wasn't compatible with mine. Ha!

One more class with them...

2 comments:

  1. Don't have much to say except that I love reading all of your posts. I am going to be sad when you come home...you make Buenos Aires come to life for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TB,

    thanks for reading. As some I knew said: if there is no goodbye, there is no hello again. I enjoy every minute that I've spent here. It is a grande experience. Thanks to Tina for her BA connection. :)

    Besos

    ReplyDelete