Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Post BsAs Blue

Got home yesterday morning. First impression: it is cold here. Second impression: to put it less offensively to my fellow New Yorkers, where did all the beautiful chicas go?

Got back to my apartment and found out my Lucky bamboo survived three weeks without being watered. I forgot to leave it under my dripping bathroom faucet. Unpack half of my suite case, and went to bed for a nap. Woke up a few hours later and felt starving. Thanks to American Airline, all the weight that I had gained during my last couple of days of fine cuisine tasting in BA had lost in the ten hours flight back: total less than 12 oz food served. Cheap bastards! They didn't even serve enough water.

Returned the pastdue book to the library, paid my overdue mortgage, and went to get some greasy Chinese lunch and resupplied my frig with fruits, veggies and fishes. Went to blockbuster to return a DVD and rent a new one.

Another nap after the lunch.Cooked dinner around 11:00pm and finished my dinner well past midnight. Eyes wide opened at four o'clock in the morning and wondering what Canning was like at that hours. Finally felt into sleep at day break, and dreamed about the delicious media luna and cafe con leche.

Woke up around 11:00am this morning. Texted my colleague and told him I wouldn't be in the office till tomorrow. I am sick.

I have post BsAs blue, though not as severe as last time. Nonetheless I have it. I have been feeling nostalgic. What's worse, both of my Mate wood cup cracked after cure. Now I have half kilo of Mate but no gourd to drink it from. It crossed my mind that I would jump on the next flight back to BsAs and confront the vendor who sold me two cracked mate cup, or at least who sold me two cups without proper instruction of cure.

Checked out what had gone on in NY's tango scene through facebook photos. I almost cried when I saw the postures of some women. That ended my thought of going out tonight, tomorrow night and the night after tomorrow...

Spent the whole afternoon on importing my new CD collection. Now I have 266 tango albums, 4973 songs and 21.0GB of music that will last ten and half day of non stop playing. Read some blogs and later listened to Adriana Varela, which added more nostalgia.

My life without tango is indeed quite pathetic. It will take me some time to get back to the normal life here. First thing first, I have to get back to work...

My next time in BA will be much longer, months longer... at least that's what I have to plan for.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, TP, your life is not pathetic. My posture is probably as bad as some of those NY pics you looked at, but I would try to cheer you up by treating you to dim sum and a movie.

    I know it must be very hard for you to readjust after all you've experienced in BA, but again, now you have something to work and look forward to...you next trip back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TB,

    Dim Sum, movie and a good tango are what I need for the moment. Thanks for the cheer up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TP:
    It's a big adjustment, just flying so far, and getting back into the life at home. So give yourself a break, take it easy. I am with you Tango baby, good food, a movie, maybe one tanda...E

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sucks to come back to the real world.

    When you have tango, especially good tango, and then you don't, it's like a spear thrust into your heart, and then pulled out.

    The only words of wisdom/comfort I can offer are these..."one foot in front of the other"...hmm...sounds like tango...

    ReplyDelete
  5. E&Alex,

    Thanks for the comments. A good tanda is what I need. I need a good and warm embraced tanda.

    I will try to have one tonight.

    ReplyDelete