Sunday, November 25, 2007

A domestic Sunday 11.25

Went to bed 6:00 am in the morning, but woke up just before 12:00pm. Hungary! Went out to Boulnes y Santa Fe and hoped to give a sim card and exchange the dollars that I have. The sim card costs: $40 pesos, and phone card $20 pesos. No bad, called everyone that I should have called and went to Abasto Shopping center's casa de cambio.

Finally, I had to money for my privates with J&A changed into Pesos, rate 1 to 3.05, whatever, better than the airport rate. Now I understood why the cambios inside of airport use young and cute chicas as cashiers. So the stupid gringos can't say no to the outrage rate. Great business practice.

Anyway, I realized that ATM machines does not forever spit out pesos. I have to start planning my expenses. Use the subway more often, and start going to the supermarket for daily necessities.

There is a Carrefour Express right on Santa Fe and Boulnes by the subway stop of D line Boulnes. I went there to use my 100 pesos. Bought some beers, chips, sodas, milk, eggs, veggi, instant noodles (more expensive than frozen pastas.), pastas, tea bags and fruits. To reward myself for saving some money, I bought a nice bottle of champagne... :)

Went home and made lunch, have some more parrilla left over from Friday night. Take a nap, and head down to San Telmo later meeting my NYTFs for earlier dinner at this parrilla restaurant. Yes mas Parrilla...

No comments:

Post a Comment