Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Porteno y Bailarin- Performance by Alberto Podesta

I don't believe in love at the first sight. But I did have a great time and a lot of good laughs with some one whom I just met here. I called her Like at the first sight, L-A-F-S.

Anyway, got to P&B early to get a seat at the table. Just had a perfect dance with Andrea, was still savoring it and taking in what was learned from the class. So dancing with average dancers was very unfulfilled.

P&B draws good crowd tonight, El Falco, Tete, Luna, Mariela from NY (just arrived this morning.)and some less known names. Of course Alberto Podesta is performing tonight. Sat with the Tango Zen guy from DC, danced with two Germans, one Dutch, one Italian, one special friend from the States. I spoke a little German to the Germans, and Italian to the Italians, but every one seemed to be in the Spanish mind. It took them a while to realize that I was speaking their native language.

The performance must be one of the memorable moments in this trip. I shot a lot of videos of the performance. And I stayed late till 4:00am dancing with my new L-A-F-S.
I am loving this town....

1 comment: