Monday, November 26, 2007

Porteno y Bailarin

Went to San Telmo earlier and had dinner with my NYTF at Des Nivel-855 Defensa. Great steak-lomo, but seriously I vowed that it was the last piece of beef for the week.

Then I went to Porteno y Bailarin to meet maestro's novia. I haven't seen her for closed to a year. She is living down here right now and quite settled in. I took a class with her and the teacher is a friend of maestro. Didn't learn anything new from the class and got frustrated with the steps taught at the end of the milonga and had to dance with grandmas (local) whom had no clues. I disliked group class.

We had a table and ordered a bottle of wine. Then crowd started coming in. And guessed what, a group of New Yorker came in. Greetings and introduction. Later more turistas came in. The whole place turned into a turista's milonga. For the many milongueros, they were having a fantastic time, all these younger and much younger women who were eagerly accepting their cabeceos.

I had my share of dances with women from all over the world but Argentines. I guessed it was sunday night. The locals went to bed early for Monday at work.

I wasn't in the best mood. The floor was small and sticky. But it was interesting to see how people dance in the space. It is nonetheless a learning experience.

Around 12:30, a bunch people walked in. Guess what, the whole Misse gang were there. Later, Javier arrived too. It was the brother's birthday.

Gabriel had a birthday dance with the sisters. Then Javier and Andrea were dancing on the floor. I danced a song right behind them. I was a bit nervous in the beginning, didn't want to get in their way and embarrassed myself. Then I gained back my confidence.

I left around 2:300pm.On the way back to the apartment, I was planning for Monday's schedule.

Can't wait for the private.

No comments:

Post a Comment