Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Russian Beer

was potent. Or was it just me being a cheap drunk (mind you, I had drunk a bottle of vodka and was still conscious afterwards.)? Or maybe it was the rain. Anyway, it was depressing earlier at Ukrainian last night. I went because my DJ friend was deedaying there.

I chatted with a tango friend of mine. It turned out he is now taking lessons at the school that I hated the most. He wanted to dance with all those babes. Ur..one more reason to get a beer.

"Try to Russian one. It was good." he recommended. We continued our conversation about his relationship, tango workshop, private, and of course women... er, more reason to drink up. I finished the bottle before he took two sips of his wine.

I felt a bit tipsy. Shit. Now I got my eyes on this young woman DJ friend was dancing with, whom just came in and smiled at me when she passed the bar. She seemed to follow very well, good embrace, decent walk and turn. A slow night like this, she was the star.

I didn't have the chance to ask her until after the performance break. And it was lovely. It might be the alcohol, but I felt like I was dancing in my dream.

She was light like a feather. I felt like floating above the floor. "Think grounded, think grounded." I reminded myself a few times. " dance lower" Maestro's voice echoed in my ears...
it must be the GD Russian beer.

Her embrace was the one that I feel most comfortably : chest to chest. She was relaxed. That allowed us just concentrating on the connection. During the second tanda, she slided up her left arm around my shoulder and allowed herself deeper into my embrace. Her palm gently caressed the back of my neck... I couldn't help but moved my right hand lower to her waist and held her a little tighter. We connected from bellybutton up. I was more grounded then, the walks were stronger.

At the end of each song from the second tanda, I held her a few moments before broke the embrace. She was there, torsos still connected. I gently shook my body, like rocking a baby into sleep, and I felt the warmth of her body and the faint heartbeat next to my chest.

She was not a breather, but I replaced that sense by secretly sniffed the scent of her dark hair. I felt like a thief, but I pardoned myself because of the GD Russian beer. Three non stop tandas after, I was exhausted emotionally and physically.

The moment I left the floor, I was feeling a bit lost. She is from out of town, and I probably won't see her again.

" That was very nice, you and that young woman. You guys looked great." My dear tango friend said to me with a wink and tricky smile.

"I always make the woman look great." I winked back. " GD, I am cocky." I laughed.

My DTF seemed to see through my mind. Older women are wiser. She got me on the reason that I was drinking too.

"Gee, I am so sick of these tango scenes. I feel like I can take off tomorrow." I whined again to my DTF. I had a bottle of Russian beer, therefore all the misbehaves, if there was any, should be excused as under the influence.

I got home safely. A small glass of limoni after, my warm bed seems to be right place to go.

This morning I dream of dancing with a pretty Argentine with long dark hair to Al Compas De un Tango, on the empty floor of the old, now gone Club Espanol.

11 Days to Buenos Aires....

No comments:

Post a Comment