Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Today is the day...

that I make my pilgrimage to Buenos Aires. That's it, after over one year of frantic milonga life in NYC, I am going to its birthplace. How exciting!

It is 2:00am in the morning and I just came back from the six anniversary milonga at La Boca. Am I already living a Porteno's life, dancing till dawn? And I haven't even packed yet...

The thing about tango is that it brings people together, for good or for bad. I think of myself man of many interests. I've tried and done many different things in life. I haven't, however, found anything remotely close to the bond of tango people have.

Maybe in the moment of true close embrace we all drop our guards and rediscover the relationship between human beings. And we share the same passion and love for tango. I have received so many suggestions, infos and recommendations from fellow tango blogger, fellow tangueras and tangueros, that make me get to know the city so much before I even set my foot on the land.

I feel that I've already danced in the milongas of Nino Bien, salon canning, Porteno y Bailarin... by reading the vivid posts from fellow tango bloggers. I've possessed the knowledge of the codigos and etiquettes, after being educated by those who have been there and living there.

I feel so much warmth in the words of the e-mails from the people I have never met and hopefully at some point meet in my life. I feel that they are sharing their experiences of joy with their words. And they are as excited, if not more, as I am about the trip. And that feeling is contagious.

So, thank you, thank you, and thank you to my fellow tango bloggers, my dear tanguera y tanguero friends. You've helped me to understand tango more...

Now I will go back to my packing...

No comments:

Post a Comment