Thursday, November 29, 2007

Trapped in the elevator

Woke up this morning having a little headache. Looked at the empty champagne bottle than I understood why. The bright side was that I had a sound sleep. Now L-A-F-S is gone, I can concentrate on tango again.

Planning to meet a respected blogger later at la Ideal (yes, going back to that place), then 7:00pm private, after straight to El Beso, then Nino Bien around 1:00am. With full schedule ahead, I had my coffee and media luna and went out the Bulnes to get some cash and changed $100 bill at Carrefour by getting another of fine champagne (13 peso, 4 dollar). Came back and picked up my laundry.

The elevator at this building is strange. The apartment that I rent is on the 1st floor. The button hasn't been working right since I came in. Today, I just couldn't get it working at all. I went up to second floor, no problem, press the 1st floor. The elevator gave a click sound, then nothing.

Didn't want to stepping into the darkness of the second floor and walk down to my floor. I pressed 0 to get down to ground floor. Then press 1 again, click, click, and beep beep beep. Fuck, I ran out of patience. Still don't want to use the fire escape stairs. (it is a horrible experience, trying to the find the light switch in pitch black.) I pressed 3, smoothly the elevator carried me to the third floor.

Guess what, no luck again. back the ground floor, one more try I said to myself, press 1 again. Yes, it finally was moving...

No comments:

Post a Comment