Monday, November 26, 2007

Private One

Late for my private with J&A. I felt so bad. First class and I was 15 minutes late. Rang the bell of Javier's Apartment. Andrea came down to get me. She recognized me from last night at Porteno y Bailarin. We chitchat a little until Javier came out.

I think I will keep the details. But mainly we worked on the embrace, Javier explained how the man embraces the woman so the woman is over the man's chest. He had me adjusted my right hand higher, and left hand palm facing the face. My walk is too academic, not natural, use the whole feet but not bending the knees. So the woman feels less disturbed and smoother.

Tango is danced in a block, straight lines. If I want to be circular, there is thing called pivot. Then Attitudes: we spent more time on the attitudes than the technique. Dance like a Argentine, be confident, but not cocky nor arrogant.

In the begiining, Andrea felt that I was nervous, timid and hesitated. She told Javier. I explained:"I am dancing with the best dancer. I get nervous." Javier said seriously :"then bring your own partner." Because any withdrawn feeling conveys to the woman and makes her feel insecure. From the moment that I invite the lady for a dance. I have to have the confidence so it conveys to her and the people around on the floor.

I took notes. Listened, and corrected the technical flaws. Time flied before an hour was up. Then Javier told me to dance one song with Andrea and dance the way that I normally do with the things that he taught in mind.

After the dance Andrea told Javier: "Muy potencial!" She and Javier approved. Later Javier showed me his shoes and told me to get a softer, lower and bigger heel shoes. It will transform your dance. Andrea translated.

We scheduled the next four days and Javier walked me down the lift.

Out on the street, I was so glad that I had made the right decision to come to BsAs and take privates with them. It is eyeopening experience.

4 comments:

  1. That is simply fantastic! You have more lessons with them, right? Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TB,

    Yes, I am having one hour with them every day till Friday. I start to understand his philosophy. He taught half of time the mental part of dance and how that effects the way of the woman feels. It is tango but so much more than just the dance.

    Can't wait till tonight. Go doing some more shoe shopping and El Arranque for a while before the private.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds great. I'm really glad you went with Javier & Andrea. So Andrea speaks a little English, or... ?
    I'm hoping they'll be around in February when I'm down there as I would love to take a lesson with them.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina,

    She speaks very good english. I will ask them if they are around late Feb. and earlier March. I am coming back during that time as well.

    They are great!

    XO

    ReplyDelete