Sunday, November 25, 2007

Los Consagrados, Sat. Martinee 11.24

After the CD shopping spree, I had an hour sieta before heading out to Humberto 1 1462 's Los Consagrados milonga, which is the same place for Nino Bien on Thursday night. Went to Carrefour before and picked up some stuffs. I guess I will start conserving my money. Three days, 2400 peso, that's a alarming spending trend.

Anyway, back to the happy thoughts: tango and milongas. Got to the milonga around 7:00, and what a contrast from Thursday night. I guessed our table were the only turistas. Heh, wait a minute, wasn't that woman sitting there from NY? I remembered dancing with her in Maestro's milonga. Ha, the ubiquitous New Yorkers.

First dance went to a porteno who hosts tango dancers, she was all right. And she kept telling me my dancing is bien. We stopped at a table where old milongueros were sitting. She went over and exchanged besos with a 70 year old man. The man looked at me and said a bunch of things to her, the only word that I could understand was "bien".

Next dances went to my two New NYTFs. They were about to leave for their dinners reservation at 8:30. I was joking with them, you guys were still on NY schedule, dinner by eight. And I just finished my lunch around 6:00.

Then another tanda with a porteno, with help of Ruben. He told the woman that me "bien". She is all right too. But I guessed ever since I had danced with Cherie at Nino Bien. My standard of "bien" dancing of woman has gone up a couple of notches.

A milonga with F. By then I was recognized by the women. Next cabeceo was accepted by a young and pretty woman sitting behind me. I had my eyes on her when I first walked in. Saw her dancing on the floor, pretty good posture and footwork.

She smells wonderful. For a moment I thought she was French, because she said "pardon" when she missed the lead. At the break, she told me that she is local, 100% Argentine, from La Plata, which is 75 kilos from the city. And she learned to speak different languages from the milongas.

We had a lovely time, her breathing was sweet and soft. When I walked her back to the table, she told me to ask her to dance again later. " Woman can't ask man, so you have to ask me again." I laughed " Sure, my pleasure. Will do."

Then it was the raffle time. And the young woman won the Champagne. Young, pretty, good dancer, on top of them, a good luck charm too.

I went on dancing with E, and Cherie. Then I rested for a tanda. When the music started again, I felt a little tap on the shoulder. Turned around, it was the young woman. She was asking me for the tanda. Wow. Wasn't it unusual? She was getting dancing from all the good milogueros.

Off we went on to the floor again. This time, she was felt a little less grounded. Perhaps it was the Champagne that she won and had consumed. I held her tighter and slowed down the steps a bit more. It was a good tanda nonetheless.

It was closed to 10:30. People started to leave. Young woman was ready to leave too. I hugged her and a kiss to the cheek. Thank her. And we said to say each other again in the milongas.

F, E and I decided to go and have dinner before going to another milonga, maybe El Beso or Maipu 444. It was only 10:30, the night was still young....

No comments:

Post a Comment