Friday, November 9, 2007

Leader follows...

What? Do you know what you are talking about?

Indeed, this couple of days I found myself, being a "leader", actually following the followers in the dance. It is actually quite simple.

In the dance, when woman walks back, we follow. "She goes, then you go" Maestro said. The lead is on the leader's intention. The follow is on the leader's movement. Sacada in giro is an another good example.

When I actually follow the women's body and movement, I find more dynamics in the dance. Then come those playful moments, a little see saw: taking turns in the speakers' role of tango conversation, a little cat and mouse: sacadas in giros, a little twist of the body... the list goes on as your vocabulary increases and understanding of music improves. The fun is endless.

That's why sometimes I feel so depressed. Few understand this seemingly simple thing.

1 comment: