Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Private Three

On the way to Javier's place, I tried to call my NYTFs and plan for the milonga later. The call got cut off and gave out a bunch of Spanish. I thought that my minutes was used up. So freaked out, I asked the taxi driver to pick up add-on phone card for me. He was kind enough to jump out of car at a mobile store and did it for me.

I was ten minutes late for the class. Javier and Andrea were having a mate when I walked in. And they offered me to try it. It tasted like herbal tea, very interesting, and I am sure, organic.

This class is about fine tone the dance. I still had the problem sometime right leg crooked the left. Javier told me to think of just the standing leg and push with the whole feet, not bending the knee.

And he discussed a lot of breathing, energy and the little things that make or break the energy and the feeling for the woman in the dance. He led me a few times and had me feel the different lead (good one, and the bad one I did). I tried to absorb what he said. But there was too much information. I had to take it all in and digest slowly when I get back to new york.

The biggest gain of these privates is that he and Andrea had taught me what is the essence of the dance. It will take many years for me to be able to dance like that. But it is great to know that I am walking in the right path. I am definitely coming back for in March for some more lessons. They stay till late March before go on tour again.

Later Javier told me to just dance with Andrea. He asked me if I like the music. I told me I preferred to dance to D'Arienzo. Then D'Arienzo it was. During the dance I felt I was at times rushing Andrea, and lack of control.

I left Javier's place a little absent minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment