Friday, November 30, 2007

Private Five- Finale.

Andrea was sorting out her Comme IL Faut when I walking in. Twenty pairs of them. Today was my lucky day. She was going to break in a new pair of CIF with me.

We talked a while first. I asked technical questions and principal questions. Javier answered them. There were so much information but so little time.

Then I danced with Andrea. I was surprised that the music Javier put on was Pugliese. I didn't know that I was ready for Pugliese. I always felt timid with Pugliese.

Stop. Javier was serious. "I care very much on the aesthetic presentation of the feet in the dance." Andrea translated "Never embellish with the outside edge of the foot." Javier showed me how to lapiz works. Then we worked on parada, and musicality. And the freedom the man has to lead.

I was taking them in and made notes and digest. Now I understand why Javier was not keen on me taking video. It takes away the process of thinking. What I learned these few days had gone into me, I am a better dancer mentally.

I am so grateful to both of them of showing me essence of the dance. Had me a taste of what it was like to have a perfect dance.

I danced with Andrea a whole song of Pugliese. Javier approved with his eyes and a little nod, Andrea said it was muy lindo. Although, few moment I tipped over her and put pressure on her heel. It was my bad habit from my beginner's day.

On the way down, Andrea told me that she was glad that we had done so much in five days. I told her that I looked forward to seeing them again soon.

With a kiss goodbye, I had completed my five memorable hours private with two of the best teachers in the world. They had transformed me and educated me. That was the purpose of coming here.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Tango Pilgrim,
    I´ve been reading about your trip to B.A. and the lessons with Javier and Andrea, for they are one of my favourite couples as well, and what you write about them makes me want to take classes with them, too! I will be going to Argentina in February, but I can´t find any way to contact Javier and Andrea on the net, apart from leaving a comment on their blog, but I am not sure they will read it... How did you contact them? I would be very grateful for advice! Thanks, also for the stories you share with us. And don´t worry, the three months till your next trip to B.A. will pass soon;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hola one2tango,

    Actually the e-mail address is right on their blog. If you click contributor, it will link to the profile page where e-mail address is located.

    Anyway here it is: javieryandreatango@gmail.com. I have Andrea's phone number at BA, but I am sure she will give it to you after you e-mail her. She is very good with e-mail.

    They are great. What they teach is how to dance a perfect tango. The only downside is that after you learn from them, you will probably find fewer people worthy of dancing with. Sorry, just me being a snob. :)

    Have a great time in BA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The only downside is that after you learn from them, you will probably find fewer people worthy of dancing with. Sorry, just me being a snob."

    People worth dancing with??? You may be very good with dynamics and weights but you lack the most important thing in tango. And that nobody can teach you. You have to find it yourself.

    ReplyDelete